Monday, September 12, 2011

Petersyn (Green) Witches Fortune Telling Cup and Saucer (Austria, 19th Century)








"The Petersyn Halloween Green Witches

Tea Leaf Reading Cup and Saucer Set

Rarer than the Petersyn black Witches set!!!

This antique 1800's ULTRA RARE authentic set is fully marked on the bottom of both the cup and saucer. The set is from Austria and is porcelain china. The bottom of the cup has the small green Witch in flight with the Austrian stamp. The bottom of the saucer is stamped with the Petersyn Co. mark.

Cup measures about 3 3/8" in diameter and about 2 1/4" tall and, the saucer measures about 5 1/4" in diameter. Around the cup and saucer is a series of old hand silk- screened flying witches. Inside of cup features many occult-related fortune telling symbols. This tea leaf reading set is in wonderful condition for its age without any cracks, chips or grazing.

Someone loved this set and it was well taken care of for over 100 years. It is very rare for Petersyn set to come up for auction especially with both matching pieces. The colored symbols are bright and the set still has its shiny glaze. The saucer has a little bit of wear to its green trim and the bottom of the cup shows little wear to its bottom (common on sets where the cup sits on the saucer).

This Petersyn Halloween Witch set is a featured item in the Museum of Collectible Antique Fortune Telling Teacup Sets. The Petersyn's Halloween set were made with the black flying Witches and the green flying Witches. The green sets were very limited and much more difficult to find than the ones with the black flying Witches! This auction is for the GREEN set!"


Currently 11 bids and it's up to 157 dollars.

Will probably go for much more.

What a fascinating item!

Love this one!

7 comments:

  1. Hey there I am so thrilled I found your weblog, I really
    found you by mistake, while I was browsing on Askjeeve for something else, Anyways I am here
    now and would just like to say many thanks for a incredible post and a all round entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design), I
    don’t have time to read through it all at the minute but I
    have saved it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the great job.
    My webpage > industrie bügeleisen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Really glad you enjoyed it! I had fun doing it but I haven't for a while. But your comment made me think maybe I should add some more entries for the new Halloween upcoming. Cheers. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! These sets are so awesome. We recently came across a set in red that we're actually getting ready to list today. We've never seen it in red...has anyone? I'm so tempted to keep it, but paying for school is more important at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel happiness to read the content that you are posting.www.topazvoyance.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. anyone know where i can get one of these sets at?

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad i found you.. would you kindly help me find one of the fortune teller cup and saucer set with witches/
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a green set....no chips it's beautiful

    ReplyDelete