Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Look Closely...It's Not Another Plastic Jack-O'-Lantern! J.O.L. Planter (Haeger, Date Unknown)





"Signed # 311 Haeger Jack-O'-Lantern Planter. Bright Vintage Orange - Art Deco Face and he's in mint condition. 5 & 1/2 inches wide x 4 & 1/2 inches tall. Looks great with a snake plant--compliments the piece and doesn't require a lot of care."

I'm not sure why someone felt the face was "art deco."

But this is a wonderful little planter!

I often find stunning pieces by Haeger in my rounds through the thrift stores.

I have a long planter that has all the colors of the water at Monet's Giverny that I turned into a water garden.

Of course, you find the boring Haeger pieces too.

But this is great. So rare to find a Halloween planter!

Of course, with those dimensions it could be used to hold anything--candy, your antique pen collection, a dried autumn flower arrangement...dried money planet might look great with a few bright orange lantern flowers. I have rafts of them every year growing all around my shed. I dried some out (off the stem) and have a big clear vased filled with them. They look marvy. There is a little cherry-like fruit in the center of each that has to dry out too.

No comments:

Post a Comment